This is such an exciting time for Federation and the Jewish community. I wanted to share with you what we have to look forward to over the course of the next few months:
- This coming Saturday evening is our major gifts event at Kimberly and Richard Sisisky's home. Michael Siegal, chair of the board of our national organization, will be our guest speaker. There is still time to RSVP. Give me a call at 448-5000, ext. 207.
- Sunday, Feb. 1, is our Super and Thank You Sunday phone-a-thon, led by our outstanding rGEN (young adults) team. We reach out to more members of the community on that day than on any other day of the year. The 2015 campaign is doing well. We stand at $1.5 million and are ahead of last year on a gift-to-gift comparison by $67,000. We can use more volunteers on Super Sunday. If you would like to participate please call Jeanine Hoff at 448-5000, ext. 208.
- On Thursday, Feb. 5, Federation and the Jewish Community Alliance will welcome Dr. Mordechai Kedar to speak that evening at the JCA. This event will be sponsored by the Sisisky Family Foundation. Kedar is excellent. He is an expert on basically all things pertaining to the Middle East. If you would like to attend, please call our office at 448-5000.
- The JCA will hold its annual major fundraiser on Saturday, Feb. 28. For more information, contact the JCA at 730-2100.
- Jewish Family & Community Services is holding a gala fundraising event on March 24. Please contact their office at 448-1933 to learn about this important event.
- Our Women's Division Mission to Israel, April 12-21, has limited space available. This is going to be another fantastic mission experience. If you have any questions about this trip, please call me.
We read the newspapers and turn on the news, and cannot escape the truly frightening things taking place throughout a very troubled world. It is comforting that we here at home have such a vibrant Jacksonville Jewish community. Our Jewish family of organizations support one another and have respect for the work we do together, continuing to build Jewish community.
Please remember the Jewish Federation of Jacksonville and the Jewish community in your will and estate plans.