Help YPF and JFCS by donating in one of the following ways:
1. Shop for groceries and drop them off at JFCS, 8540 Baycenter Rd., Jacksonville, FL 32256. Place items in a bag labeled “GWCES" so they go directly to the school (George Washington Carver Elementary School) or we can arrange pick-up from your home or work if needed.
Most requested items include:
* Granola bars or cereal bars
* Pasta and tomato sauce
* Canned soup
* Peanut butter and jelly
2. Make a donation to our local Federation and email Faye Hedrick, email@example.com to let us know you’re helping assist in this critical need. One hundred percent of your gift will go directly to the school’s food pantry supply list.
3. Consider purchasing an item or items off of the following Amazon wish list. This will take some of the guesswork out of purchasing clothing and various other requested items.
Feel free to share the link with friends and family and post it on your social media channels.
4. Purchase new or gently used clothing items. With the winter months approaching, there is a desperate need for items such as jackets, warm pajamas, and solid-colored sweatshirts in elementary school sizes (5T-14/16 for both boys and girls).
Guidance counselor Anthony Winters asserts, "The fact that we can have a partnership that is able to satisfy one of the most basic human needs for our kids is life-changing." When asked how things were going at the school, Mr. Winters expressed that he has a hard time finding the words to show how thankful and amazing it is how we have come together in this way and he is overwhelmed with gratitude. The food pantry and clothing closet at George Washington Carver Elementary School has been able to get up and running because of a small group’s support over the past several weeks. Imagine what we can do when our whole community comes together. Let’s truly make a difference to these children.